We comply fully to European Data Protection obligations.
Both Sierra Essence and British Ski Center rely principally on this website for attracting prospective business. All data collected generally comes to us via our website online booking enquiry pages or else via standard email and is only recorded on our private operations CRM system for internal operational use purposes. Our alternative modes of contact with our clientele is typically by telephone or otherwise in person in our Sierra Nevada office.
All our staff members who have access to your information comply fully with our data protection obligations.
The information we require and hold on file includes your name(s), telephone contact number and email address. In the case of a reservation being completed with us, we are also required by law to hold your address for invoicing purposes.
You may at any time request that we send you all information held pertaining to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you and how we use it. We encourage you to read it and if you have any questions we are happy to answer them.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Who we are
The British Ski Center is a Spanish company registered under the name of Sierra Essence Ski & Mountain Center 2006 S.L. The company’s regsitered VAT number is ESB18803262. The registered address is C/Pico de Goterón, 7, 18160 Guéjar Sierra, Granada, Spain. The nature of the business is a Ski School offering tuition for skiing and snowboarding in the ski resort of Sierra Nevada, Spain. The ski school comprises a mixture of native English and fluent English/speaking instructors to perfectly cater for our fundamental target market, the English-speaking visitor.
Sierra Essence is a Spanish company registered under the name Turismo Sierra Essence S.L. The company’s registered VAT number is B19650746. The registered address is also C/Pico de Goterón, 7, 18160 Guéjar Sierra, Granada, Spain. Sierra Essence operates as an intermediary booking agency for ski and activity breaks/holidays, principally to the ski and mountain resort of Sierra Nevada, Spain. Through mediation with local businesses, agencies, hoteliers and other suppliers, we arrange any or all of your holiday package requirements (except flights). Sierra Essence is not a Travel Agency or Tour Operator. We comply fully with Spanish legislation and are covered by comprehensive Public Liability Insurance.
Personal Data we collect
How we use personal data
- Your personal data is used by us to communicate with you and deliver services to you. It may be used by us to provide you with updates on our services.
- It may be used by us in analysis of our marketing strategy, e.g. to help us understand what proportion of our users are buying specific services from us.
- It is not passed to any other party unless required by law.
Reasons we might share personal data
- We only share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested.
- We also share data when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our services; and to protect our rights or property (“Intellectual Property”).
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to understand our audience behaviour patterns. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. These help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
By using and browsing this website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You can request that your data is deleted “erased” at any time by sending a request by email to email@example.com or in writing to C/ Pico de Goterón 7, 18160 Guejar Sierra, Spain.
The data controller for your personal information at both Sierra Essence and British Ski Center is Giles Birch.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.