The following information is intended only as a guide. We do not accept any liability for incorrect information and highly recommend that you check travel regulations for yourself.
It is currently obligatory to wear a mask in all outside areas, especially where social-distancing of at least 1.5m cannot be maintained. Masks are mandatory in lift queues and on the lifts. Police patrols are also in operation checking for the correct use of masks. Important: A ski buff does not consititute a mask!
COVID passports are required for those aged 12 and over to enter bars, restaurants and discos / nightclubs in Andalusia. QR codes are likely to be requested for validation purposes. The following certificates are accepted:
– proof of full vaccination (with both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine)
– proof of a negative PCR test made in the last 72 hours or of an antigen test made in the last 48 hours
– proof that you have recovered from Covid in the last 6 months
Entry Requirements for UK and Other Non-EU Citizens Travelling to Spain for Tourism
The Spanish government requires UK and other non-EU citizens travelling to Spain for tourism (excluding children under the age of 12 years old) to present on entry proof of being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain.
For more information please see:
UK passport holders no longer need to take a PCR test prior to departure from Spain when returning home.
Entry Requirements for EU Citizens Travelling to Spain for Tourism
Passengers from EU countries not considered high risk may travel by presenting any of the following certificates, provided they meet the conditions as outlined on the Spain Travel Health website:
- a certificate of vaccination against COVID-19,
- a negative/not-detected Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (including RT-PCR, TMA or LAMP) taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival or a Rapid Antigen Detection Test taken no more than 48 hours prior to arrival,
- a certificate of recovery from COVID-19
Irish passport holders who are fully-vaccinated no longer require a COVID test pre-departure when returning from Spain to Ireland. For those who do not qualify as ‘fully vaccinated’, a pre-departure COVID-19 test is still required within two days of your departure from Spain.
For Travellers Needing to Take a COVID Test Before Departing Spain to Return Home
There is no testing centre in Sierra Nevada. You can get a rapid in-person test at Malaga airport before your flight. Book via: https://www.flycovidtestcenter.com/
Alternatively, the nearest centres to the resort are:
1. Hospital Vithas (by the tunnel at the bottom of the mountain road – about 25 minutes drive from the resort). Appointment is required via their website: www.vithas.es.
2. Clinica Reginia on Avenida Constitución, 20. This is about 50 minutes drive away, in Granada. You just turn up without needing an appointment. Their current options are 85€ for results within 24hours; 130€ results within 8 hours.
Late Cancellation Due to COVID-19 – Our Policy
Written proof may be requested to show that the late cancellation is a direct result of COVID. Flight cancellation alone does NOT apply unless ALL flights are grounded due to COVID restrictions.
In relation to accommodation, lift passes, taxi transfers and childcare booked with “Sierra Essence”:
In the event that COVID travel restrictions are applied and have to cancel AFTER any free cancellation period has expired, we fully adhere to the COVID policy of the individual supplier in question. So depending on the particular service/s you have booked through us and the supplier, the policy will be either: a full refund, a credit to be used on a future trip, or a loss of all fees paid. Please request the cancellation policy at the time of booking.
In relation to ski & snowboard lessons booked with the “British Ski Center”:
Similarly, in the event that COVID travel restrictions result in you being unable to travel, you will be entitled to a full refund or credit for use on a future trip.